Why a Healthy Dose of Insanity Pays Off in the Job Search

Hallo Dear... Info Career, Are you looking for information about: "Why a Healthy Dose of Insanity Pays Off in the Job Search" ?. This is the latest news and articles with the title Why a Healthy Dose of Insanity Pays Off in the Job Search which provided only on this site and I think you're a very lucky person to get information from this site.

In the article that you read at this time with title Why a Healthy Dose of Insanity Pays Off in the Job Search, We have prepared the best article for you to read and take the information inside. Hopefully the contents of Article free job search, Article job search, Article job search site, We've written this you can understand. Well, Happy reading..!!

Title : Why a Healthy Dose of Insanity Pays Off in the Job Search
link : Why a Healthy Dose of Insanity Pays Off in the Job Search

You Might Also Like:

Why a Healthy Dose of Insanity Pays Off in the Job Search

Last Saturday I presented a “Job Search Strategies” workshop to management students at UMass Boston. At the beginning of the workshop, I asked them, “What’s the key ingredient to a successful job search?” The students voiced several answers such as a professional resume, a solid LinkedIn profile, and a strong network. While these things are all important, it wasn’t the answer I was looking for.

So I pressed them further and I gave them a hint. “It begins with the letter “P.” Then the answer did come forth – perseverance – as well as some other P words that also make sense: persistence, patience, and positivity. I explained how the average job search can take 3-6 months and that the people who emerge victoriously are the ones who persevere despite encountering rejection, frustration, and despair.

Quite spontaneously, I then shared my story about how I had applied numerous times to both UMass Boston, where I currently work, and to Boston University, where I previously worked and interviewed at each institution several times before I landed a job there. Amid some surprised expressions, I told them that I even interviewed for the same job twice at BU and didn’t get it the first time, but did get it the second time! They laughed when I told them that I was either insane – expecting difference results from the same behavior – or persistent. I shared my story to show the students that rejection is a normal part of the job search process, but that it shouldn’t prohibit them from moving forward – and yes – applying to the same company, or even the same job, again and again, and again.

Many job seekers think that if they don’t get a job at a certain company, then they should give up on that company and move on to others. Not true! Looking for a job, I told the students, is a lot like dating where you have to date a lot of people before you find one that’s the right match for you. The process of interviewing is for both parties to figure out if it’s a good match. In fact, this element is becoming even more important than a candidate’s qualifications. Sometimes it’s a match made in heaven but sometimes it’s not. If it’s not, it doesn’t mean you weren’t a strong or qualified candidate – it simply means you weren’t a good match for that particular job at that particular time. The key to a successful job search is to keep going until you find the right match for you, and for them.

Thanks for reading this article about "Why a Healthy Dose of Insanity Pays Off in the Job Search you can read the related article bellow.

Thus articles Why a Healthy Dose of Insanity Pays Off in the Job Search

Hopefully can provide benefits to all of you. Okay, see you in another article, which is certainly very regrettable if you missed. Don't forget please share this post on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter if it helped you to get information about "Why a Healthy Dose of Insanity Pays Off in the Job Search"